Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Me, Myself and the dumbbell -Part 1

Well, i know this is gonna be a big surprise to the few people who still do not know this...in one cold wintery morning in chennai, i along with Anil and vimal, decided to enroll into a gym....(continue once u have stopped laughing)
It has been a roller coaster ride so far..and for people who want to know whether it did me any good, u will have to read thru this blog :-)
The heady feeling from a couple of months salary in the bank meant that the neighbourhood gym was just not good enough for us. It had to be mmm..i might be sued for this...on second thoughts let it stay as a gym that gets promoted by the software company where i work....It is a swanky place..with sauna, steam, massage, a gym floor ,mean machines, sculpted instructors(yes there were lady instructors too)..
I was on a more rigourous weight gain program (more pricey) and day one meant with my instructor measuring and then setting targets for me..giving me a motivational speech..and then taking the wind out of me with two huge pats on my back...cough..cough..."we start tomorrow ..buddy"..GULP..
i sneak into the gym the next day..getting up early(it was wierd)..and into thru the doors to heaven i walked...I sense a sudden calm over the gym floor...the music is still blaring but when you are standing in the middle of a hall and you have atleast 20 people stare at you ...u do feel a strange silence..ur brain is frozen..u do not hear anything...a fleeting moment during which the gym stops..
and then ..."Kiran, Kiran...whack...cough sputter!!!" that was my gym instructor giving his intro...with what else a pat in the back.
Now a brief intro with the machines...and it went like "half seated bench press..full seated thigh curl (sounded painful)...full chested shoulder stretch.."...these were duly written into my regimen card (cool,,i have a gym card now)..
I was already sweating now..a few intros more and my tounge would have popped out...and i jokingly mention the same to the instructor...And am frowned upon with a real cold nosed stare .."ok!!! wont joke in the gym sir!!!"
It drags on for i dont know how much more time. But i manage to sleep walk thru it all, just the same...
and the end of the beginning is signalled with a whack on my back (hence forth referred to as (W.O.M.B) )...
the instructor growls "Kiran!!!U r now a body builder"...W.T.F..i bet the bugger would have had the best laugh in years on me...dont worry people he who laughs last has the best laugh...
let us c what the morrow holds..GULP

No comments: