Thursday, April 17, 2008

My first tagged post

1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER
The Bank job - After a six month gap last year, I am on a movie spree, spending nicely in the cinema next door - a small independent theater that shows some nice movies and a few offbeat ones as well

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING
Right now many - Mark Twain by Ron Powers, and Walden by H.D. Thoreau - the second one inspired from "Into the Wild"

3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME
hmm...Trade is all time favourite, Scotland yard too.

4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE
Outlook Traveller - Combines two things that I love - Travel and Photography. And nothing captures India better.

5. FAVORITE SMELLS
U mean other than Pouring rain on red earth? That will have to be the smell of Dosa being roasted in Ghee

6. FAVORITE SOUND
For some strange reason, though I dont like to wake up - Suprabatham by M.S and no one else.

7. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD
Splitting Migraines - That is me sounding like a manic depressive person. Thankfully, I havent had to bear anything worse.

8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE?
For the past 6 months or so, unless I am travelling, it has been "hopefully today will be better."

9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE
Murugan's Idli shop on BB in chennai, Swagat in Indira nagar (dont go looking it is a hole in the wall that you will not find easily)

10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME
hmm...tough one. Will think of crossing the Bridge when I come close to it.

11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I'D...
Quit my job.
Go to Stanford (buy my seat I hope).
Buy a Leica RangeFinder, A 1969 Mustang.
Buy a lot of land in Palakkad and do organic farming.

12. DO YOU DRIVE FAST
Yes, 99.9 % of the time. The rest of the time I am plain Rash, especially when I have those migraines.

13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL
What is this ...a trick question??? I wish - Stuffed animal. I still dont get it.

14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY
Incredibly cool. Especially in Kerala.

15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR
After driving for almost 6 years, bought a car a month ago - A 98 toyota camry. My Mule.

17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD
Travel around the world, without any plan - follow the wind.
Chase the monsoon around the country with my camera.

18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
Brocolli should be disqualified from the vegetable list.

19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
It would be a fine streak of brown. I love my hair the way it is

20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN.
Palakkad - Chennai - Kochi - Palakkad - Chennai - Mt. Pocono - Waltham.
There is only one home town though- Palakkad.

21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH
Cricket - Football (american and otherwise) - F1 - And developing a liking for poker.

22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.
Trusted friend and confidante. Cool as a cucumber and solid as a Rock.

23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED
I am a nomad. I sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor even inside the house. So there is just the carpet underneath.

24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?
Yes. With the memory of my present life intact.

25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL?
Night owl.

26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Sunny side up

27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?
In chennai it was Beasant nagar Beach. Now my sleeping bag

29. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Butter scotch, with caramel - all time fav
caramel and chocolate from cornerhouse while i am bangalore.

30. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU TAGGED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
Well dont have many to tag, the one who tagged is one of my most dogged reader. The only regular blogger that I know of who can respond to this is -
Piyush Khan

2 comments:

Vimal alias Khan said...

A completely honest response...many answers make me feel nostalgic :)

N u r rite, i m the first one to comment..

ap said...

Atlast!!!!
Thank God I didnt put your name in the first to complete list :)

Mt Pocano and Nomad gives the complete picture I guess ;)